your quality
pathway to

OSHC - Medical Insurance


Every international student is required to have medical insurance for the period of the course at Canning College. This is a regulation imposed by Department of Home Affairs.

Medical insurance (Overseas Student Health Cover) is provided by Bupa. The OSHC helps pay for medical and hospital care that students may need whilst studying in Australia and will contribute towards the cost of most prescription medicines (up to applicable limits) as well as emergency ambulance transport. 

The Canning College Student Services office staff will arrange your OSHC prior to commencement of your studies. Click here for BUPA's Overseas Student Hub website that provides all the information you would require. Some other useful links for Bupa are listed below:

Urgent Medical Treatment

In circumstances where the student requires urgent medical attention and it is not possible to contact a parent/custodian/local carer, Canning College is authorised to arrange appropriate medical care.